Accidental Death and Dismember
Tragic events can alter a person's life. Protect yourself and loved ones from the unexpected with coverage options that ease the burden of accidents.
Program Overall Benefits
In addition to your basic term life coverage, accidental death and dismemberment coverage can be a relatively low-cost way to protect against unexpected events that result in loss of life, speech, hearing, sight, paralysis, and more.
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment: This employer-paid coverage option provides an accidental death benefit equal to an employee's basic term life insurance amount.
- Supplemental Accidental Death & Dismemberment: This employee-paid coverage option complements the value of supplemental term life with added coverage, and a percentage of the death benefit amount is payable in the event of non-fatal covered losses.
- Dependent Accidental Death & Dismemberment: This employee-paid coverage option provides spouses and dependents with a benefit equal to the dependent term life benefit amount.
- Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment: This employee-paid benefit is offered as a stand-alone coverage option for employees, spouses and dependent children and is available regardless of enrolling in life insurance.
- Business Travel Accident (BTA): This employer-paid coverage option includes an additional benefit for covering accidents that result in death or serious injury for employees who are traveling on company business, both domestically and internationally.
For complete details of the best plan for you and your family, talk to your company’s benefits administrator or contact MetLife directly for more information.
DID YOU KNOW?
70% of adults whose spouse/partner died prematurely indicated the death had significant impact on their financial security.1
Contact your employer for more information.